Manuscript Critique Services
-What I can offer you-
Sometimes it’s hard to see the wood for the trees where writing is concerned. It’s easy for us to become lost in our own manuscripts. A second set of eyes is always a helpful tool in writing. I can be that second set of eyes.
I offer a manuscript critiquing service fully tailored to your needs. Whether that be the first few chapters of your story critiqued in preparation for sending out to agents or a full-length, in-depth critique of your novel.
I can offer advice in all aspects of story. A few examples:
- Basic copy-editing of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- How to shape an exciting plot, with a solid beginning, middle and end.
- How to maintain pace and tension throughout.
- How to develop realistic characters and dialogue that readers will fall in love with.
- How to tighten your writing, reducing unnecessary description and adding description in all the right places.
- Sentence structure.
- How to bring the senses into play and immerse readers more fully into your story.
No two stories or writers are the same. My service is fully adaptable to your individual needs and requests.
I have a degree in Creative Writing from Sheffield Hallam University, and have completed an editing and proofreading course through the Society for Editors and Proofreaders. I am currently represented by Ella Diamond Kahn of the Diamond Kahn & Woods Literary Agency.
Ever since I can remember I have had a passion for writing and reading. I will bring that passion into helping you polish your manuscript ready for sending out to literary agents or preparing for self-publication.
I specialize in manuscripts for children and young adults, in particular (but not limited to) science-fiction and fantasy. I am also willing to accept adult/new adult fiction if it falls into a science-fiction, fantasy or magic realism genre.
- £80 for an in-depth critique of the first five chapters of a children’s or young-adult manuscript.
- £300 for a full-length, in-depth critique of a children’s and young-adult manuscript up to 80,000 words.
- For children’s and young-adult manuscripts over 80,000 every additional 10,000 words has a charge of £40.
- £80 for an in-depth critique of the first five chapters of an adult/new adult fiction manuscript.
- £300 for a full-length, in-depth critique of an adult/new adult fiction manuscript up to 100,000 words.
- For adult/new adult fiction manuscripts over 100,000 words every additional 10,000 words has a charge of £40.
- £30 for help with writing/editing an enticing cover letter in preparation for submitting your novel to literary agents or publishers.
These prices cover a first edit and any follow-up emails, complete with detailed feedback provided in a form that suits you, whether that be in comment boxes throughout the manuscript or a summary word document, or both.
Payment is split into two parts. Half up front and half upon completion and delivery of work.
As well as manuscript critiques, I can offer writers one-to-one creative writing tutoring. Whether you are a writer carving your path to publication or a college/university student who needs help with a short story or novel, I can provide advice tailored to your needs. This service would be done via email sessions at a charge of £20 an hour.
Please feel free to get in touch via email to discuss your manuscript and what kind of service you are looking for.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to working with you.